Tomorrow I start my new journey. As some of you know I have a degree in Elementary Education. I have not “taught” for 11 years because of FMS and CFS. For the past 4 years I worked only two days a week at a Mother’s Day Out program with 18 month old babies.
Starting tomorrow I will be starting my new position as a Pre K assistant!! OH MY GOD what am I doing? I have felt better this past year and I REALLY miss the classroom, I just hope I can sustain the energy needed to get through the day AND be there for my family in the evenings. I. Am. A. Ball. Of. Nerves. And mixed emotions! I am very excited, but at the same time very worried that I won’t make the entire year. I guess I need to stop being negative, and be positive. Have faith in myself, right? UGH!
It will be fun, interesting, and non stop. These are some things I WILL NOT have to do:
- Deal with the parents (that’s the teacher’s job! YAY)
- Change dirty diapers!!
- Hold a crying baby all day.
- Put 8 babies down for a nap, at the same time.
- Be quite, sit and watch them sleep for two long hours.
It may not seem like that bad of a day, and really it’s not. The beginning of the year, the children are miserable and crying, but it does get better as the year goes on. I will miss it, but not for long.
Here is what I will be doing:
- I’m the assistant, what does that mean? I don’t have to plan or make the decisions. Like I said above, I do not have to answer to the parents. If there is a problem, I was asked to please let the teacher handle it!!! NO PROBLEM, go for it!
- Help with the crafts, gather the supplies and “assist” in helping the students with their work.
- Walk them to the bathroom, they are potty trained! YAY!!
- Take them outside to play!
- AND on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I get off at 12pm!! Tuesdays and Thursdays 3pm.
I’ve been at the school for 4 years already, I know everyone and get along with everyone. I also plan to keep out of the gossip, because when working with all women, what do you expect. I don’t want to be that person!
So I guess I have no choice, I have to be ready for this new venture. I’m sure I will have some stories to tell, I hope all good and funny.