Name 5 Pet Peeves:I looked up the meaning of a pet peeve and this is what I found courtesy of Wikipedia: Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues.A key aspect of a pet peeve is that it may well seem acceptable to others.
I know what pet peeves are, I was just curious of how it was defined. I agree with this one except it can be ANYONE, not just someone I am close to who could get under my skin.
Ok, I need to name 5 pet peeves, I know two right off the top of my head.
- I can not tolerate when someone smacks their bubble game or if I can hear you chew your food. This is a BIG NO especially if I don’t know the person and I can’t say anything.
- A parent who does not address their crying/whining child while in public.
- Talking during a movie while at the movie theater. Going to the movies is getting expensive, if you have to talk, LEAVE!
- When a parent calls his/her child “kid”, or “the kid”. Living in the South this happens a lot. I just want to say to them, “Did you not give your child a name?”
- Another parenting behavior. When a parent strikes their child in public (I’m not talking about a slap on the bottom). A perfect example, the other day I was at the store and this man was fussing at his daughter then proceeds to grab her by the neck and jerk her around and said some choice words in her face. The little girl saw me watching and she just looked so hopeless. It took every ounce of my sanity to not “accidentally run my buggy into him.”
- I know I was only supposed to list 5, but I have one more which could go with #5. BULLYING- enough said!!
That is my 5/6 pet peeves. I am a very calm person, really I am. Just don’t do any of the above and you’ll be fine. Just kidding……